Free Consultation Conditions
At Excel Expertise Ltd (the company), we offer personalised consultation for Excel automation services. Kindly note: only the first consultation is free. All the successive consultations are chargeable as per our terms and conditions. The first consultation covers the initial requirements meeting only. If you choose to proceed, then you agree to pay for our services, as specified.
Any policies or rules applicable to our services may be posted on this site from time to time. All such policies or rules are hereby incorporated into this agreement and may be updated to address emerging issues. Hence, it is important to check them regularly for changes, if any.
All data is treated as confidential and we are happy to sign a non-disclosure agreement before proceeding.
Terms and conditions
The client’s responsibility
The client agrees to provide the company with any spreadsheets they want to use, for the purpose of the job, to edit or automate and to allow the company to work on the file(s) remotely (where possible).
The client agrees to spend time with the consultant, discussing how the current spreadsheet works and steps involved in producing or maintaining the spreadsheet, in as much detail as possible, to enable the consultant to make informed recommendations for improvement. This may be carried out over the phone or in person, as appropriate.
The client agrees to a follow-up meeting, to see and review the changes made and to discuss further options, either online or in person. Once the client is happy with the outcome, an invoice will be submitted and once payment has been received, the file will be sent to the client. Until payment is received, the spreadsheet will not be made available to the client, unless an official company purchase order is in place. See payment terms below.
The client agrees to test the spreadsheet and confirm acceptance of the work. User acceptance testing, with real data, may highlight modifications that need to be made in order to achieve the end result and this may require a few iterations. The client agrees to work with the company to finalise the outcome until the client is satisfied.
The company’s responsibility
The first consultation meeting is free of charge – you only pay for the spreadsheet once the work begins.
The company will take time to understand the requirements and offer suggestions on how to improve the clients spreadsheet. Work will be carried out within the agreed time frame, as far as possible, both efficiently and to the best of our ability.
All data will be treated confidentially.
The company agrees to correct any defects, directly relating to the functionality as a result of the development work, carried out by the company, free of charge, after final sign off and payments in full have been received, as long as the spreadsheet is in use. Any modifications or adjustments, to accommodate changes to the layout or data, or any third party influence or ongoing projects, will be chargeable at the hourly rate (minimum charge 1 hour). Any adjustments or modifications, not included in the original scope of works, will also be chargeable. We will happily work with existing code, but do not guarantee it, if it breaks any parts of the spreadsheet – any fixes to existing code will be chargeable.
No responsibility will be accepted for limitations, incompatibility or issues within the Microsoft Software or Apple MAC compatibility – any workarounds, where possible, will be chargeable.
All work carried out is based on information and data supplied by the client. No responsibility is accepted for providing consultancy from information that is provided by the client which is not reasonably accurate.
The company agrees to provide the first education session, directly relating to the work carried out, free of charge. During this session, the user will only be shown how to use the spreadsheet’s new functionality, from a user’s perspective, not how to modify or change functionality. Further training can be requested, see pricing.
Should the client cancel, once work has begun, then any advice or work carried out to date, will be chargeable (see cancellation charges below).
Excel Expertise Ltd does not accept liability for conditions now or in the future that are beyond our control, globally, or trends that have changed or have a direct/indirect effect on the client’s business.
Payment terms for use of spreadsheet
Payment by BACS (preferred), cheque or PayPal is accepted, on receipt of invoice. Until payment is received in full, the spreadsheet will not be made available to the client.
Under certain circumstances a trial version of the spreadsheet may be made available to the client for a small fee (at the companies discretion), prior to payment; or the full workbook may be made available at any time, if an official company purchase order is in place.
For work carried out by the company, outside of the free consultation period, a 100% cancellation charge based on hours already worked will apply if the client cancels. The full payment is required at the time of cancellation.
Cancellation charges for training within 5 days of due date are 50%, within 48 hours it’s 75% and within 24 hours 100% of the quotation amount for training, will be invoiced as cancellation charges. All cancellations must be made verbally and in writing (email is acceptable).
Terms of website usage
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which is not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 25 May 2018.
General Data Protection Regulation Policy (GDPR)
We are committed to protecting your privacy
UK Data Protection Legislation
We have very clear responsibilities under current legislation, to take good care of everyone’s information and we take that responsibility very seriously.
Personal data is information which directly or indirectly identifies you. We are committed to processing your personal data in accordance with EU data protection laws. For the purposes of EU data protection laws Excel Expertise Ltd is the data controller.
It will be necessary for you to give us personal data so that we can provide you with the services and fulfil any contractual relationship with you, comply with applicable laws, regulations and/or codes of practice and for the other purposes as set out in this Notice where in our legitimate interests.
How and What we collect?
We may collect the following information through our Contact Us page, when you call, write, e-mail or meet with us:
- Contact information including phone and email address
- Invoice address
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide services requested by you
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- For any other reason for which you give your permission
We will not share your data with any third party unless required by law or regulation, where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We may also store personal information in paper form. Paper files will be kept in secure storage and access will be limited to authorised employees of Excel Expertise Ltd.
Data Retention and Disposal of Data
We will retain your personal data for a period of at least 7 years from the end of the relationship with Excel Expertise Ltd to enable us to fulfil our record keeping obligations.
At the end of the relationship, your personal information will be archived in accordance with the timescales stated above, unless required by law to do otherwise. After this time, personal data will be placed beyond use or shredded.
In accordance with the Information Commissioners Office guidelines, we will:
Ensure that it is not accessed or used to inform any decision in respect of any individual or in a manner that affects the individual in any way;
Not give any other organisation access to the personal data (except where part of a transfer of management responsibility);
Surround the personal data with appropriate technical and organisational security;
Commit to permanent deletion of the information if, and/or when, this becomes possible;
You exercise your rights to change or withdraw your consent
Under new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that came into force from 25th May 2018, you will have additional rights which will include:
The right to know how we use your personal data;
The right to request access to information we hold about you and we will respond within 1 month;
The right to be able to rectify or change any data that we hold about you where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
The right to ask for copies of any data we hold on you to be deleted when it is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected (unless legally required to do so);
The right to object or restrict us from processing your personal data (unless legally required to do so).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or withdraw consent to use your personal data you should contact Excel Expertise Ltd as described below. It will always help if you can be specific about what personal data you want to see, what it relates to and within what timeframe, as that will assist us greatly with our search.
You also have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection supervisory authority (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office) AT https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
You have the right to ask us to change or withdraw your consent to us holding and processing your personal data. If you wish to exercise this right you should write (not email) giving the detail of your objections to:
Excel Expertise Ltd
34 Pilsdon Drive
It may not always be possible to agree to your request if it legitimately affects our ability to carry out our duties and obligations. Your rights will be unaffected and you will never suffer any detriment as a result of requesting to change or withdraw your consent.
- A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time by writing to, or phoning us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act, 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to us at Excel Expertise Ltd, 34 Pilsdon Drive, Poole, BH17 9EL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Excel Expertise Ltd agrees that it will use any Information provided by its clients only in connection with work performed for that client i.e. for “permitted use”. All information will be treated with confidence and we shall not use such Information for any purpose other than for the permitted use. We shall not transmit or further disclose such Information to any third party outside of the company, without obtaining prior written approval from the client. The company reserve the right to include screenshots of work carried out, on their website and for promotional purposes, provided no accurate data is displayed.